Monday, August 10, 2009

Let's get this started!

Hello to my amazing prayer support team!

I'm glad you made it to the Fresh Start Prayer & Praise Blog! We (Nancy Ferguson & I) decided to start a blog to keep you more up to date on prayer requests! We intend to tag (or label) each post so that you will be able to pull up requests or praises... or you can look at the blog chronologically!

I would like to suggest that you "follow" this blog so that you are able to get notices when we post updates!

To start this off, I have a HUGE PRAISE!!!!
God has provided the money for me to attend Sam Camp! Why is this so important? Sam Camp offers intense accountability while challenging each participant to set HUGE goals. The aspect that I LOVE about it is the mentality that the coaches and the team have - if one person fails to reach their goal, we all fail. I love that I will be on a team - cheering for, supporting, encouraging and challenging. And they will be doing the same for me!!!
I will update you on my goals when they are more solidified! Please be praying that I will have wisdom and discernment in seeing the goals God is placing before me!

Requests:
  • We are still looking for a vehicle that seats more than 5. This would take A TON of pressure off of me - at this point we have friends who are glad to help us transport our kids so I can get the extra kiddos I care for to the house, but it would simplify my life to have something bigger. Please pray that we would have wisdom in moving forward with a new vehicle!
  • smooth transition back to school - i can tell it's the end of summer! My boys are chomping at the bit to get back to a "routine" or at least a little more structure! Please pray that we would all transition well... especially ME!
  • money for flights and hotel at Sam Camp! I raised the tuition and didn't think about the rest - please pray that God would give me wisdom as I move forward - and that he would provide for our families financial needs!
  • Surrender - I feel like God is making it VERY clear just how often I fight Him on things. I want to continue to surrender so He can do more than I can ask or imagine.
Challenges
  • Courage... and card sales! With at least 10% of my card sales going to support Fresh Start, I have started a new marketing plan to businesses in Colorado Springs. This week I am following up with stores I visited last week - I have one appointment next week to talk to a store owner and one that I need to call back. Pray that I would have the courage to follow through... and that God would bless my efforts by putting my cards in the hands of people who will embrace the vision of what Fresh Start is doing!
  • Balancing Home and Work... please pray that God would give me wisdom and insight into what my husband and children need, that I would have the energy to do both well and that I will love and support my family better than I have in the past!
May God bless you this week and may He use you as powerfully in others lives as He is using you in mine!!!
with much love,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lord, bless Lisa with the character of Lydia today. Give her wisdom and strength as she leads in her home, in her business, in the work you have called her to do. Make her name known by Your name. Be glorified as she serves you, she welcomes others in Your name and shares You in the marketplace. Thank you for Lisa and bless her this day in the name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete